I tried to bugger off yesterday, but you won’t leave me alone. For I’ve been tagged!
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they are any good, but they must be songs you are really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they are listening to.
- Diplo — Into the Sun — I got this album at Christmas, and this track, along with another one called ‘Sarah’, hit me immediately as one of the best things I had ever heard, which doesn’t happen often these days
- Jackson and His Computer Band (feat. Mike Ladd) — TV Dogs (Cathodica’s Letter) — from one of my very favourite albums of last year; I still listen to it several times a week. Cool, groovy, dense, and chopped up a la Prefuse 73
- Hot Chip — Beach Party — I saw their new one on E4 Music today and really wanted to hear this stylish song again
- Gelg — some of the music used on ‘Look Around You’ is really cool. The Boards of Canada influence comes across really strongly
- Why? — Act Five — don’t really know why I like this one so much
- The Fiery Furnaces — Seven Silver Curses — I greatly admire this band. I think they are the closest comparison to Radiohead you can come up with, in the sense that they could easily have been safe indie darlings for their whole career. But they refused to, instead alienating the pants-wetting guitar-shaggers and going all electric, eclectic and generally weird
- The New Pornographers — These are the Fables — and to round it off, some pants-wetting guitar music
Who do I tag? Whoever wants it.