Sorry for another post on this, but Tim Ireland has some more thoughts on what happened on certain blogs over the weekend.
The timeline seems to go something like this:
- Wednesday evening: Guido and the Monkey release a drunken podcast which contains childish jokes, including ones about Mark Oaten being a paedophile
- Friday: Comments are posted on Guido & the Monkey along the lines of “make sure you don’t get sued by Oaten!!”
- Saturday: Oaten resigns after News of the World allegations
- Sunday morning: Guido claims the scalp, even though the allegations made on the podcast were completely different to the ones made by NOTW
- Sunday afternoon: Bloggers note, it’s not a lot to be proud of
- Sunday evening: Guido says, “Neh neh, I have a six-figure-per-month readership, and you’re just jealous because you didn’t have the scoop — now fuck off and read the Indy“
- Monday morning: Bloggers point out that it wasn’t Guido’s scoop. Unless you think having homosexual sex makes you a paedophile. Which might be a bit off
- Monday afternoon: Feeling the heat, Guido diverts attention to Recess Monkey. Guido fucks off forever, after accusing anybody who thinks that linking homosexual relationships with paedophilia is a bit iffy of being politically correct
- Monday evening: After a quiet weekend, Recess springs into action: “Nobody said Oaten was gay on the podcast.”
- Bloggers reply: Oh really? So it wasn’t a scoop then?
- Monkey: “It’s only satire lads! Besides, nobody complained on Thursday, so why are you complaining now?”
- See point #2
- Guido: “It’s only gossip! Get off your high-horse!”
So it wasn’t a scoop then?
I’d rather be on the high horse.